Parents, carers and legal guardians will be, without doubt, Akaal Primary School’s most important partners. Our ethos will be one of working actively with them to enhance the achievement and attainment of all pupils. We will ensure that parents/guardians will be kept fully informed about their child’s learning and will be encouraged to share in the activities of Akaal Primary School by:
- Providing a regular newsletter setting out what the children will be learning and how they can offer support at home.
- Putting curriculum information in the newsletter/website when appropriate.
- Supporting parents by encouraging them to read daily with their children.
- Sharing teaching strategies with parents to give them the necessary tools to support their children with homework.
- Providing opportunities for parents to find out about their children’s progress and targets through open evenings, informal meetings and both verbal and written reports.
- Liaising with school via home-school books where appropriate (e.g. to support behaviour).
- Providing learning opportunities for parents and carers through Family Learning.